The last time I nominated bloggers for The Liebster Award. Today I’d like to nominate for The Versatile Blogger Award.
I received this award from Sharifah at the end of 2012. Thank you so much, Sharifah. Her blog isBUILDING BRIDGES. As its name suggests, her blog is bridging of cultures. Some of the rules for accepting Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 fellow bloggers.
- Add the Versatile Blog Award logo on your blog post.
I chose the right persons for”versatile”. The list includes Japanese again to spread this award in Japan. My nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award(in no particular order):
Seven things about myself:
- My New Year’s resolution is to do muscle training.
- The thickness of my arms is different. Because I used to play tennis.
- I often borrow books and CDs from a library.
- While I haven’t spent a lot on clothes, I ‘ve spent a lot on trips.
- The next travel destination will be Hawaii. I’ve never been there.
- I want to live a long healthy life over 100 years. My grandmother died at the age of 106.
- I recently bought T-shirts.
Happy New Year! I hope you have a great year!
At the end of the last year, when I struggled to write a blog in English, a comment came in from a Canadian man known as “angrygaijin”. He said “I nominate you for a Liebster Award” I replied, “What- Liebster? not Lobster?” Reading it over quickly, it was written about some rules and works. What kind of game? I complained him that he gave me an extra work during the busy year-end. hahaha Now I understand his favor behind the award. Thank you very much, angrygaijin (*^_^*)
Then, several days later, I received another award from Sharifah. She nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. Wow, again! I can’t believe it! Thank you so much, Sharifah. My efforts at writing in English have been well rewarded. I’ll nominate bloggers for these awards in two posts.
Let’s begin with The Liebster Award.
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. The award comes with rules and requires some work.
How does Liebster work?
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your blog.
- When you receive the award, you must post 11 random facts about yourself. (why 11?)
- Paste the award picture into your blog.
- Answer the questions posed by the blogger who awarded you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure that you notify the blogger that you nominated them).
- Write up 11 NEW questions directed towards your nominees. (11 again!)
I think I should introduce Angrygaijin to you. He is a Canadian living in Japan. He writes his blogs in English Cameron Ohara and Japanese 外人Blog.
Here are 11 random facts about myself:
- I don’t like alcohol except wines and cocktails.
- I like coffee.
- I don’t like milk. But I like milk with coffee or cocoa.
- I don’t like raw tomato. But I like cooked tomato.
- I never get bored in my life.
- I need to drive everyday.
- My car is light blue.
- I have an allergy to pollens. I have a hard time every March.
- I lived in America for one year.
- I lived in Tokyo for ten years.
- I want to live somewhere abroad in the future.
Here are angrygaijin’s 11 questions answered:
- Have you ever been to Japan? I live in Japan.
- If yes, how long? If no, what do you like best about Japan, if anything. Pretty long
- What languages can you speak? Japanese: pretty good English: learning Korean and Chinese: greeting level
- Have you been to Canada? If yes, what was your favourite place? My family has stayed in Vancouver only for several days. Stanley park.
- If anything, what do you like about Canada? (Please don’t say “Maple Syrup!”) Speaking of Canada, NATURE. Bear, deer and Jastin Beaver (I’m not a fan of him)
- Where you are in the world right now, who was there before you? Think wayeeee back. Foxes, raccoons, rabbits… no human
- What upsets you? What really makes you boil? Attitudes of my husband and children
- Does your family originate in the place you now live in? I grew up here. My husband is from Nagano.
- If you are a blogger, why are you blogging? Guard against senile dementia. Mental exercise.
- If you could rename yourself, what name would you change to? I’ve never thought about it even though I don’t like my name. I have a policy not to think nonsense.
- What was your first impression of me? First impression: interesting Second impression : versatile Third impression: what a nice guy! (He nominated me )
And NOW for the main event:
Only half a year has passed since I started my blog. I was occupied with writing and I couldn’t afford to read other blogs enough. I’d like to improve my English and read blogs more this year. In no particular order I nominate the following bloggers including three Japanese. Most Japanese don’t know this award. I’d like to spread it in Japan.
- hibiscus rosa noor
- It’s only P!
Here are my questions for my nominees: (please correct my grammatical mistakes on your blog if any
I look forward to nominees’ answers (^^)/~
- What is your New Year’s resolution?
- What time do you go to bed?
- What foods do you like?
- Which celebrities do you like?
- When is your happy time in your life?
- What is your favorite color to wear?
- Do you collect anything?
- What kind of music do you like?
- If you were given USD 10,000 and had to spend in a few days, what would you spend for? (convert your country’s currency calculator )
- What do you think of your blog?
- What do you think of my blog?